Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Social Networking Sites


Social Networking is everywhere, obviously it has good and bad sides. Websites like Facebook, Tweeter, vk.com or Linkedin has different uses but having the same basic concept bringing people together. 
      I personally use facebook more often then any other social media website. Every time I get a free minute I go to my phone and check facebook feed. It is kind of addicting and annoying at the same time. Sometimes I hate myself for being on it so often. But there are useful sides to it, I check news through posting of various news portal. Be up to date with lives of my friends. I get a lot of information from facebook, and maybe that's why I am always checking the news feed. 
      Tweeter is actually new to me, it never attracted me for some reason. I understand that there is a ton information floating around on tweeter, and some of it useful. I never had a necessity of using it. However, just like any other popular website it has great implications and uses. It can be a useful tool helping people to get quick answer by just asking everyone who is connected. 
      Russian facebook many people call it, vk.com is Russian social networking website that connects millions of Russian speaking people around the world. Same as facebook, people can upload videos, pictures and even music, and use it as a streaming service without any payments. I get a lot of news and information about what's going on in Russia and surrounding countries. It is useful and also a time wasting.
      Linkedin is a little different then the website above, It is a professional networking site. It is most uses is to people who wants to expand their professional network, learn about companies and potential employers, promote themselves, and/or find jobs. By following companies you are interested in you can learn about policy changes, new business trend and etc. Linkedin has more serious tone, since it is used to connect with current and potential employers. You will not see anyone post about how drunk and crazy they were last weekend.
No matter how different these websites are, they all have the same idea behind it, to let people connect to each other, promote themselves and expand their network be it a professional or personal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment