Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Privacy & Confidentiality

As Joe Nocera, in his article on New York Times ‘The Wild West of Privacy,’ points out care for personal privacy is pretty much out the window. Companies collect a lot of information and data about our lives and habits. They make millions of dollars selling that data to anyone who is wants to buy. Facebook is probably is experience on this. The app on our phones can track your locations and frequently visited geographic places, on top of tracking our browsing habits, to give us relative advertisement. It's amazing how these site magically advertise a restaurant or a retail store you passed by recently or a product that you searched using internet. I guess for the most part, they are just trying to make money without actually hurting us, but these kinds of activities will backfire one day that no one will see its coming.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it already backfired with Mark Zuckerberg's sister and her leaked photo. It was news back then that I included in my paper, but I just thought I might add that these activities did already backfire.

    ReplyDelete